February 21, 2008

Food Should Taste Good Makes Good

About a week ago, I wrote about my misadventure with a bag of chips. I still think they're terrible; unsweetened dutch cocoa and corn don't work together.

Not being content to merely voice my displeasure here on my blog, though, I went to the manufacturer's website and left feedback. I figured that this would be the end of the story, even though I agreed with another comment on the site:

I just purchased a bag of your chocolate chips. I'm curious about your "food should taste good" motto. Have you ever tasted these things? They are a cross between roofing shingles and burdocks...
But that wasn't the end of the story.

Within hours, I received an email from someone at the company:
From: "Heather Setzler" [Heather@foodshouldtastegood.com]
To: [foodSHOULDtastegood@xxxxx.com]
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:00:34 -0500
Subject: RE: Feedback from FSTG Website

Thanks for writing! We are thrilled to hear that you like at least three flavors of our chips and appreciate you letting us know. As to the Chocolate chips, we are sorry that you were disappointed (to say the least) in their flavor. We would be happy to offer you a refund or a replacement with your choice of other flavor; please just let me know your preference.

We hope that you and your wife will keep enjoying the Multigrain, Jalapeño, and Olive chips (and watch for some new flavors to come out later this year!); we'll leave the enjoyment of the Chocolate chips to those who really love their flavor (and yes, there are lots of folks who do love the flavor - although they rarely describe it as incredibly bitter...).

Best regards,
Heather
--
FoodShouldTasteGood TM
It's our company. It's our brand. It's our motto. TM
I wrote back and told Ms. Setzler that I'd be happy with a replacement bag of olive chips. They're my favorite, particular with eggplant tapenade. Om nom nom.

When I got home from school yesterday, there wasn't just one bag of chips waiting for me, but a large black box containing three bags — two olive, one multigrain.

That's some good customer service right there, and some fine chips, too! Customer service seems less and less a priority all the time, so finding it in an unexpected place like a manufacturer of snacks is worth noting. Aside from three of their four flavors being outstanding and healthy, it's well-worth steering one's business toward a company that still listens to its customers.

Sphere: Related Content