April 09, 2008

Barker v. D'Souza at Harvard

On April 22, the Humanist Chaplaincy at Harvard will be hosting a debate between Neocon Reconstructionist Dinesh D'Souza, author of What's So Great About Christianity and the Freedom from Religion Foundation's Dan Barker, author of Losing Faith in Faith. The student-moderated debate has been entitled "Christianity vs. Atheism?"

The debate is scheduled to begin at 8:00 PM at Memorial Church and is free to the public with no reservations necessary.

Which brings up a question: what is it about Humanists and Tuesday nights, anyhow? Perhaps I should write What's So Great About Tuesdays? It's not a great night for me. I have to give my students their lab practical (which amounts to their final exam) for Intro Bio that day, then hop a train and haul my sorry mycological butt to Cambridge. I do believe I'll have to squeeze in a visit to Dunkin' Donuts along the way. Since returning to the Northeast, I have rekindled my love affair with their coffee. It reanimates me regularly after 5:00 PM.

Sphere: Related Content