August 10, 2007

There's Always Tomorrow

I had been hoping to get out in the field to do some mushroom hunting today but it has rained constantly. Tomorrow, though, is supposed to be nearly ideal; sunny and a high of 77°. I'll probably head out by 9:00 in the morning, so I doubt it'll have reached 70° by then.

After 5 years in Florida... what a relief! It's in the high 90's all this week in Tallahassee, where I used to live. There's no way I'd have been able to deal with that without very good reason, particularly not when the heat index is saying things like 108 to 114°. Yick!

So tomorrow I'll do some sampling and identifying and, if I'm lucky, I'll find enough black trumpets to include with dinner, too. There are lots of them here, I'm told, but they're hard to see. I guess I'm going to find out!

Sphere: Related Content