September 14, 2007

Call the Church Police. THE CHURCH POLICE!

It turns out that I am now a fugitive from justice in Massachusetts! My experiment in blasphemy stands in direct violation of Massachusetts General Law, Chapter 272, Section 36, which states:

Whoever wilfully blasphemes the holy name of God by denying, cursing or contumeliously reproaching God, his creation, government or final judging of the world, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching Jesus Christ or the Holy Ghost, or by cursing or contumeliously reproaching or exposing to contempt and ridicule, the holy word of God contained in the holy scriptures shall be punished by imprisonment in jail for not more than one year or by a fine of not more than three hundred dollars, and may also be bound to good behavior.
See? I'm a criminal. I certainly deny "God, his creation, government or final judging of the world," since I wholeheartedly assert that belief in such things are entirely unsupported by any evidence whatsoever. Writing or uttering the words "Suck it, Jesus" fifty times, as I did in the Blasphemy Experiment, absolutely qualifies as "contumeliously reproaching Jesus Christ" and I find much of what is contained in the "holy scriptures" ridiculous. I don't even think said scriptures are holy in any way, shape, or form. "Holy" isn't even a supportable concept as far as I'm concerned.

Apparently, I'm to be fined or imprisoned and "bound to good behavior" which, I would assume, has something to do with my being tied up with a nun for some length of time. That could be a bit of fun.

I'm a newcomer to Massachusetts, so I don't know how this works. Do I wait for the Church Police to come pick me up, or do I have to go to the local constabulary and turn myself in? I know a few other people from Worcester read this blog, so I need your help on this, since I don't know what to do next.

Tip of the Blasphemous Hat to PZ Myers for bringing my criminality to my attention.

Sphere: Related Content