June 27, 2007

Finally! An MP3 Player That Works!

I decided to give one more try at buying a new MP3 player today. I went over to circuit city and bought a SanDisk Sansa 4.0 GB, m260 player. It actually does everything it was supposed to and sounds great, too. The manual for the thing is all of five pages long and written in English and the controls actually make sense.

Eureka! Now I'll have music for the road trip. I've already bought this thingamajig that plugs into the cigarette lighter and beams a signal from the player to the radio on any frequency... which is a very good thing, since the truck I'm renting doesn't have a CD player, just an AM/FM radio.

Except for my computer and a few articles of clothing, everything I own is boxed up and ready to go. I'll be packing up the kitchen on Friday while LL finishes off her stuff, then we load the truck and finish cleaning up the house on Saturday with the assistance of four of LL's students. Sunday morning we hit the road!

Friday night, we're having our last trip over to Aladdin's Sheesha Café and meeting up with a few friends for a goodbye. It's very informal, and anyone who reads this and wishes to join us is more than welcome. We'll be there starting at about 8:00 PM.

Sphere: Related Content