July 27, 2007

O Crappy Day

This morning started off with Tycho waking me up at 5:00 because he wanted to go out. Scratch scratch, tap tap, wake up human and let me outside so that I may insure no other lizards are encroaching on MY territory! I've been in a crabby mood all day as a result.

Then I spent hours trying to figure out CSS to tweak a few things with my blog. Big, steaming heap of FAIL right there. I surrender. It's good enough.

We went to lunch at what we thought was a Jewish deli; it's called Maury's, after all. Ah, but it's under new management, and my hopes of finally getting a good tongue sandwich (no wiseass remarks, please) were dashed. It's now an Italian deli with a Jewish name. Their sign advertises some rather curious delicacies, such as "pastromi" and "capicollo." I call false advertising. Change the name to "Maurizio's" if you're going to serve Italian sausage and genoa salami and NO TONGUE.

LL bought us an air conditioner; we've been living with uncomfortable temperatures and she finally caved in. But it didn't fit the window correctly, so she had to go back to the hardware store to get some wood. She got home with the wood and promptly dropped a glass of water which shattered and skittered throughout the foyer. Then she realized that she'd left the manual for the air conditioner at the hardware store, so she's gone back to get it.

Today can't be over soon enough. LL is still trying to get the air conditioner installed. I'm going to leave the room now, before it catches fire...

Sphere: Related Content