November 17, 2007

So I Lied

I had written yesterday that I wouldn't be online this weekend, but here I am writing this from the lobby of the Marriott Residence Inn in Cambridge. I'm waiting for LL and JoEs to get ready to head out, so what the heck.

I enjoyed the concert by Marcel Khalife last night, although I probably would have been more enthusiastic about it if I hadn't been quite so wiped out by my typically long Friday. Despite many years of living with LL, I also felt a little bit lost due to the cultural setting of the concert. Everything was in Arabic, a language that largely eludes me, as do many of the cultural references. I was tired and confused, but most of the music itself was still enjoyable.

As for today, we're headed over to the Harvard Museum of Natural History, after which we'll return to Worcester. I'd been under the impression that we'd be hanging around Boston and Cambridge until tomorrow evening, but that wasn't the plan. Sometimes I just have no idea of what's going on.

I see JoEs at the counter, so it's time to sign off now.

Sphere: Related Content