March 23, 2008

Back from the Dead

I haven't updated in five days due to having too much else to do. The biggest single item was getting out a first draft of a review of Cordyceps (now Elaphocordyceps, Metacordyceps, Cordycipitaceae and Ophiocordycipitaceae) research which, I'm happy to say, I finished yesterday afternoon. I probably could have written something in here as well but the temptation to procrastinate was very strong and it was time I couldn't afford to put to other purposes. I had to make a deal with myself not to use my computer for anything but the task at hand until it was finished. Besides, I didn't feel much like writing anything else. I had to start the draft at least four times before the material finally came together enough in my head to roll through what has turned out to be a review just over eleven pages long.

I also received the lien release needed to get the duplicate of the title for my car. It arrived late Friday and is now on its way to Florida. The odds are extremely high that my registration will expire before I can switch it over, so there will probably be a few days where I won't be able to drive it. Still, I'm hoping that this will be my last interaction with a Floridian bureaucracy.

LL and I did manage to get out for a bit on Friday night. We saw Shutter and had dinner at a little place called Nick's on Millbury Street. I'll talk about those in their own entries.

Sphere: Related Content