April 10, 2008

The Day Ends Not So Gloriously

Today was a really nice day right up until the end. Lab even got done early. I walked back to my car at 8:00 PM sharp, opened the driver's side door and that's when I noticed the glass on the seat. The passenger-side window had been smashed and my $120 MP3 player stolen. Nothing else was taken (the thieves missed a much more valuable GPS unit). Typical smash-and-grab. My insurance covers the glass with no deductible and our renter's insurance will even pay for the lost MP3 player.

I had to file a police report, and I had to wait for an hour for the police to show up. So much for getting home early; lab usually ends at about 9:00, and that's when the cop arrived. He took the same information I had given when I called in the first place and essentially told me, yeah, my window is broken and the MP3 player is gone. I felt much better after he'd cleared that up for me.

I usually take my MP3 player with me when I park the car, but I was in a hurry tonight because I was running a little late. I forgot it. I'm mildly annoyed by the whole thing, moreso by the fact that I would much rather have been at home watching a horror flick than standing there for an hour. On the plus side, it's a warm night and it isn't raining. The glass repair people are going to come to my house tomorrow morning and everything will be taken care of in that regard.

While I was waiting, there were a bunch of male students hanging out on their porch having a barbecue and drinking beer. They had twangy country music blasting. What would an injury be if there were nobody around to add a little insult?

Oh well. It's not a big deal, but I suppose today was much to good of a day to get away with. There's nothing for it but to go ahead and watch Neon Maniacs as I'd been planning on doing all day. Life in the big city and all that.

Sphere: Related Content