June 28, 2008

Texas Freethought Convention: October 26, 2008

Texas Freethought ConventionTexas is one of those states where Bronze Age thought seems to permeate much of society, hence I write about it a lot and not often anything positive.

On the other hand, I've just found out about something happening in Texas that, in light of all the bad stuff, I thought should get a plug. That would be the Texas Freethought Convention.

The convention will be held on October 26, 2008 in Austin. Austin is a bit different from most of the state, but it's still part of it. I can't make it myself. Being a poor graduate student my travel budget is very limited and between the Mycological Society of America meeting in August and a collection expedition in September I'm afraid that budget is already spoken for.

If you can make it there, however, please do. Freethinking Texans can use all the help they can get!

Sphere: Related Content