November 22, 2008

Blog Toy: What Type of Blog is Hyphoid Logic?

I read about a blog toy courtesy of Dispatches from the Culture Wars called Typealyzer. It purports to analyze the dominant style of a given blog and tell you a little something about both that blog and its author.

I plugged in the URL for Hyphoid Logic and got the following result:

The analysis indicates that the author of http://vyoma108.blogspot.com is of the type:

INTP - The Thinkers

The logical and analytical type. They are especialy attuned to difficult creative and intellectual challenges and always look for something more complex to dig into. They are great at finding subtle connections between things and imagine far-reaching implications.

They enjoy working with complex things using a lot of concepts and imaginative models of reality. Since they are not very good at seeing and understanding the needs of other people, they might come across as arrogant, impatient and insensitive to people that need some time to understand what they are talking about.
All of which is, I think, close to the truth. When I was interviewed by Bruce Berman for an article he's writing about the impact of science bloggers on the evolution/intelligent design "controversy," he told me something very similar to what that last sentence says, although he used the more accurate "not gentle," a characterization with which I fully agree. I don't try to be most of the time, particularly when it comes to confronting those who wish to substitute superstition for reason. The way I see it, someone else declared a "culture war" and decided that I'm part of the opposing "army." Who ever heard of a gentle war?

I have no idea of how this particular blog toy works, and Ed Brayton notes that it calls him "hardworking" whereas he sees himself as potentially "the laziest human being on the planet." I'm not so sure about that. Whatever the reason, Typealyzer seems to have me fairly well sussed. Give it a try for your own blog and see what it has to say.

That concludes today's navel-gazing session.

Sphere: Related Content